It’s hard to imaging it’s that time again and Becky has revealed her theme for October Squares:
Becky has inspired her followers by saying:
Building on the previous 2020 themes of light, top and perspective I am hoping we might in the final squares of 2020 encourage and promote kindness. I am also hoping for lots of ‘benevolent cataloguing’. Hee hee, did you get it – benevolent cataloguing!
So where do you start, well here are a few ideas you might want to explore . . . .
- Something of the kind (mirror images, carbon copies and doubles)
- Our imagination kindled (inspire us!)
- Of its kind (a unique object or could be a picture of nature and wildlife)
- Kindred spirits (kindness in action or photographs of people)
- Take kindly to (something you like such as my Warbler on Sunday or Ellie’s cheese)
–⋅ o ♥ o ⋅–
I’ve pondered Becky’s announcement for a couple of days now and while also pondering that (perhaps now more than ever) we could all do with a little more kindness in our lives, I had a minute spark of inspiration. It was almost hidden away in the back of my mind and as I sat writing this post, it has been kindled into something bigger.
With Spring upon us here in the ‘land down under’, I am hoping I have a flourish of flowers to photograph and share – just like this one I photographed in the rain this morning.
Squares is a photo challenge after all.
And as an added extra, to help inspire contemplation, compassion, and consideration, I’ve decided I’ll also share a (famous) quote that’s centred around kindness.
Here’s one I found this morning.
–⋅ o ♥ o ⋅–
So thank you, Becky, for throwing out yet another fabulous challenge. I’m looking forward to 31 days of kindness and all the wonderful squares that will be shared throughout October.
This is a daily photo challenge but you don’t need to share every day. Becky says you can also share all 31 in one go at the end of the month, or join in weekly, or even just occasionally (whenever you feel like it or can). How frequently you post depends entirely on you, and your blog.
If you decide to be Kinda Square in October, this is what Becky recommends you do:
- Take a square photograph of something that reflects the theme
- Create your post for any day in October, and pingback to one of her daily squares
- Include the theme’s tag – KindaSquare
- Leave a comment on her post as well as the link to your post
- Whether you post squares or not, be a kind member of the Square team and make time to visit others and the square galleries
And please do remember the most important rule:
Whilst every square is a rectangle only four equal sides make a rectangle a square!