Announcing a new photography challenge.
But first, a little background.
This is the photograph I currently have set as my desktop.
I took this photo in my garden back in April when the bees were so prolific I could hear them buzzing from within the house. I originally shared this photo on April 21 for Becky’s April Squares Photo Challenge – Tops, then recently shared it again on October 29 for Becky’s October Squares Photo Challenge – Kind.
I love this photo so much, I set it as my desktop wallpaper back in April and, being a nerd, I’m on my computer each day so I get to admire my handy work each time I sit at my desk, but it was during a comments conversation with Becky in October that the seeds of an idea were planted.
Here’s the conversation where Becky was remarking upon the comment I applied to the photo stating that:
Because we’ve had (nasty) storms over the past few days, I’ve dug into my archives today.
This photo of a bee making a ‘beeline’ for one of my Grevilleas also featured in April Squares.
|Becky:||well thank goodness for the storms as otherwise we wouldn’t have seen this delight this month, what a treat|
|Me:||Thank you, Becky. I use this photo as my desktop wallpaper and get to look at it every day|
|Becky:||well that’s marvellous and wouldn’t it make a great challenge!|
|Me:||Do you mean something like: “What photo is on your desktop?” (This month?)|
|Me:||🥰 stay tuned|
–⋅ o ♥ o ⋅–
Becky likes to make me think 🙂 and all I’ve done lately is think about this.
Therefore, today I’m announcing my
The Nitty Gritty
- On the 15th of each month, I will change my desktop wallpaper to another photo I will have taken.
- This may be a photo captured recently, or one I select from my archives.
- I will then share this photo in my Share Your Desktop post for the month including a description of the image, where and when it was taken and (perhaps) any other details about the image that (I feel) you might find interesting.
- Please join in by sharing the photo* you have set as your wallpaper and providing as little or as much detail as you wish.
- Include a link or pingback to my post for the month and I will relish visiting your blog and your post and reading about your photo.
- Finally, of course, share the fun around.
I’m excited and can’t wait to share my desktop tomorrow.
Equally, I look forward to seeing your desktop 🙂
* In the interest of maintaining personal privacy, please refrain from sharing a screenshot of your desktop, and merely share the image you have set as your wallpaper.